Junk Mail Cards
So I was inspired by various pieces of art I have seen around, that utilize old magazine and junk mail, so I decided to start making some “junk mail cards”. In order to do this craft the supplies you will need are:
-some junk mail or magazines you are willing to cut up
-scissors and/or a paper cutter and/or and exacto knife and cutting board
-some paper, with a drawn or printed out outline or silhouette of what you want your picture to be
1. cut out the piece of paper your image is on, into a square/rectangle shape for now.
2. take colored pages out of a magazine. Using scissors or a paper cut, cut them into about .5cm strips
3. on the back side of your image, use your glue stick to glue the strips down
4. once you’ve covered the back side with strips, flip it back over
5. using your scissors, or an exacto knife and cutting board, cut out your image.
6. On a piece of cardstock that has been folded in half in order to make a card, glue down your piece of junk mail art.
Happy Earth Day everyone, and hope you enjoy this great way to upcycle that junk mail you keep receiving in your mailbox!
- Posted in: eco friendly ♦ Paper Crafts
- Tagged: cards, catalogue art, catalogue craft, craft, craft DIY, crafts, crafty, DIY, DIY art, earth day, earth day craft, earth day idea, junk, junk art, junk craft, junk mail, junk mail art, junk mail card, junk mail craft, junk mail DIY, junk mail idea, magazine, magazine art, magazine craft, mail, recycle, recycled art, recycled craft, recycled DIY, recycled junk mail, recycled magazine craft, recycled magazines, tutorial, upcycled, upcycled art, upcycled card, upcycled catalogues, upcycled craft, upcycled magazine, upcycled magazine cards